With rising temperatures in the forecast, now is the time to make sure that your HVAC preventative care in Visalia, CA is up to standards. You don’t want to be in your home or business on the first hot day of the year, turn on the air conditioning and find yourself disappointed in the results.
Taking some preventative maintenance steps can go a very long way in making sure that you are pleased with your cool air, and we’ve outlined a brief list of them for your convenience below. As part of our maintenance program, McGee Refrigeration will conduct a 15-point inspection of your HVAC system twice each year: once before the weather gets warm, and once before it gets cold. Here’s what we’ll do:
- Check thermostat connections and programming
- Replace batteries in thermostat
- Check return filter (replace if necessary)
- Check indoor blower motor assembly
- Check motors for the correct amperage
- Tighten electrical connections in unit
- Check sheet metal ductwork and roof jack for air leaks
- Check evaporator coil for cleanliness and leaks
- Flush condensate drain line
- Check compressor electrical connections and efficiency
- Check refrigerant level for proper charge
- Check all controls and wiring in the unit
- Check disconnect and tighten connections
- Check unit temperature differential (TD) and efficiency
- Wash condenser coil and ensure proper heat rejection
How does the program work? It’s simple: McGee Refrigeration will call you in April to schedule your cooling tune-up, and again in the fall to check your heating system. (The last day to sign up is October 1, after which time customers will have to wait until the new year to enroll in the program.)
Investing in McGee Refrigeration’s HVAC preventative maintenance program in Visalia, CA provides a number of important benefits for your heating and cooling system. Think of it like an annual physical for your HVAC: twice-yearly checkups involve the thorough inspection of your unit, boosting its efficiency and checking for problems that could shorten its lifespan. By identifying potential problem areas before they have the chance to get worse, we’re able to keep your system running smoothly and safely, saving you money and providing much-needed peace of mind.
And that’s not all—the program provides some specific financial incentives over waiting to make calls when your system breaks down or is having other issues:
- Discounted service calls: Participants in McGee Refrigeration’s maintenance program pay $70 for service calls, representing big savings compared to the standard rate of $90.
- Discounted parts: Program participants also save 10 percent on the cost of parts. For very simple repairs, this may not seem like much, but if you’re looking at repairs to address a major system breakdown, those savings can really add up!
With these concrete benefits in mind, as well as the comfort of knowing your system is in good hands, what’s not to like about enrolling in our program? If you’re interested in learning more about our HVAC preventative care program in Visalia, CA, get in touch with the team at McGee Refrigeration today. We look forward to helping you take good care of your heating and cooling system for the long haul!