Your HVAC system is one of the most important pieces of equipment and infrastructure in your home. Much like any other piece of mechanical equipment or appliance, it requires ongoing care and maintenance to ensure proper, efficient functionality. If you’re able to stay on top of your HVAC maintenance, it should continue to operate reliably for many years to come.
Here are just a few of the primary reasons why it’s so important for you as a homeowner to stay on top of your HVAC maintenance in Visalia, CA:
- Extend the life of the system: The better you maintain your HVAC system, the longer it will be able to operate reliably, providing you with ongoing cooling and heating with solid efficiency. Your HVAC unit should last you at least a decade with proper maintenance, if not longer. Consider how much money it costs to replace the entire unit, and it only makes sense that you do your best to follow a routine preventative maintenance schedule so you can defer those costs as long as possible. It’s much less expensive to schedule regular service appointments than it is to have to prematurely purchase a new furnace or air conditioner.
- Cut energy bills: Regular maintenance keeps an HVAC unit running efficiently. More efficient operation means less energy expended to deliver the same heating and cooling results, and less energy expended means less money you have to pay each month on your utility bills. So, while service appointments do cost you a bit of money, you also get a chunk of that money back in the long-term energy savings you receive as a result.
- Enjoy healthier air: Regular HVAC service appointments and cleaning will help you better regulate the temperature in your home, but it will also help you maintain good air quality. This is because service appointments involve changing filters and cleaning the coils, which removes dust and debris from the system and prevents it from being forced through the ductwork, where it would eventually get into the air throughout your home. This is especially important if you have pets in your home, or if you have people in your household who have respiratory conditions like asthma or allergies.
- Fewer major repairs: If you keep up with preventative maintenance of your HVAC system, your service technician will be able to pinpoint small issues before they turn into large ones that would ultimately necessitate some significant and expensive repairs. Avoiding these major repairs will not just save you a lot of money and prevent downtime and other inconveniences, but it will also prolong the life of your system.
- Warranties: Some parts under warranty might require you to keep up with regular maintenance. Otherwise, the warranties for those parts could be voided.
For more HVAC maintenance tips in Visalia, CA, as well as additional information about why it’s so important for homeowners to engage in regular care of their HVAC equipment, we encourage you to contact the HVAC service professionals at McGee Refrigeration today.